Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Max's New Room

Max no longer has a playroom.  It was becoming a little bit too much work for me to keep up with 2 rooms, so we said goodbye to the playroom.  First, I had to go through all of his toys and decide what stuff needed to be boxed and what stuff could go into his bedroom.  Then, I had to find some storage solutions for the toys we were keeping.

I found these awesome baskets at Target!  I love that they have wheels and handles on them, Max is able to pull them in and out so easily.  Plus, they fit perfectly under his bed.  This was a great solution to our storage problem.

I purchased 2 of these storage shelves with baskets over a year ago for all of Max's things in his playroom.  Lucky for me it fits perfectly in front of his bed, and the other one is being used in his closet for shoes and more toy storage.

This is Max's reading corner.  My mom got Max this chair for his 1st birthday and he still loves sitting in it.  I found this adorable book rack on Etsy, and I am so pleased with how it turned out and the color is perfect in his room.  He loves the new book rack, he can now see the front of his favorite books without having to pull all of them out.

This space is the perfect spot for Max's drum set and art station.  We got this dresser from Charles' Great Aunt Juanita and it's just what we needed for Max's room.  Painting the dresser is definitely on my list of things to do. 

I put a cork board on Max's door to display his word/letter/number of the day.  We pick a new card and display it here for a daily reminder of what we are learning.  Max selected A as the letter for the day!
I'm sure Max's room will always be a work in progress, but I'm very happy with how it turned out.  He is able to access all his toys and books with ease, and it's just as easy for him to pick up his toys and books as well.  Max loves his new room, and helps me keep it clean every day...well, at lease for now :)

1 comment:

  1. It really looks good. I can't believe you got everything in there. Reminds me of all times when we used to "organize" your room when you were little. Good times.

    ReplyDelete