Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Do It Yourself Project

I wanted to make a fabric bulletin board and frame it for pictures for the babies room, but had no idea where to start.  So, on one of my many trips to Hobby Lobby I came across a fabric board that I loved.  The colors and pattern match the babies room perfectly.  One of the many things I love about Hobby Lobby is getting things half off.  I'm not afraid to leave it at the store until it's half off the next week, and that's exactly what I did.  Then, I waited until their open back ready made frames were half off as well.  Then, I had Charles attach my board to the frame with some screws, and got exactly what I was looking for for under $30.  When all else fails and what you are looking at seems insanely expensive think about doing the project yourself, and you will be amazed at how much money you can save. 

This picture board matched the babies fitted crib sheet perfectly (these dots are a little bigger).


I decided to go with black frames in the nursery, so I found this simple black frame to put with the board.  The frame is a 16x20.


This project turned out better than I could have imagined!  I can't wait to put in on the wall!


2 comments:

  1. Thanks! It was much cheaper to make it than buy one from like Pottery Barn Kids. You are SUPER creative lady! I love your new ottoman!

    ReplyDelete