Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Artwork by Max - for Molly's Room

Since Max likes to draw and paint so much I knew that I wanted him to do a little creation for the nursery.  So, Max and I packed up and went to Hobby Lobby to pick up some nursery friendly paint colors.  I bought some linen paper, and had mattes made for frames we already had.  Then, I let the boy do his work and he had a blast doing it.  I think both pieces turned out great!  We did a special piece to put on her shelf...more on that later.  Here is the artist making his nursery masterpieces.

Painting #1




Painting #2




I already had two frames that I planned on using for these painting, the only thing I had to do was get them painted.  Like I said in a previous post, I decided to go with black frames for the nursery and the frames I wanted to use were brown.  Thankfully we had some black paint left over from the dresser update in Max's room.  I just gave these frames a little sanding and put about 3 coats of black paint on them.  I just love saving money and using things we already have in the house :)

Before


After

Last step, putting it all together.  Since the frames aren't a normal frame size I wasn't able to buy the pre-made mattes at Hobby Lobby.  But picking out a color and getting them cut was just as easy of a process.  The only hard part was picking out a color.  They had the mattes cut out for me within minutes.  Man I love Hobby Lobby! 

Painting #1

Painting #2

I absolutely LOVE how these paintings turned out!  Max is very proud of them too.  He loves going into the nursery and looking at all the things he is giving the baby and showing me what all he has made.  He is going to be a GREAT big brother!


No comments:

Post a Comment