Monday, October 10, 2011

Nursery, Done!

I am so happy to finally have the nursery complete.  I'm one of those people that likes to get things done and out of the way so I don't have to worry about it anymore.  Now with just 6 weeks to go, I can some what relax.  I decided to not go with a theme this time around.  Instead I wanted it to be simple, and include some family items that could be cherished for many many years.  Some things new, some things old, but still very much a personal space.

 I can't get the camera out without Max saying he wants his picture taken...so here you go.  I am very thankful we had a lot of furniture and baby items left over from Max's nursery.

 Just a few pictures of our Oklahoma family, so Molly can see them everyday.

 I got this pug picture before we found out what we were having when I was pregnant with Max and obviously the pink didn't go with his room, but I still put it in there.  Now it's perfect in Molly's room.  My Grams found this wonderful spoon rack for me years ago that I used to display all my spoons, but thought it would be cute in Molly's room displaying my Wizard of Oz spoons and bears.

 Just a few family items to fill the shelves.  I put my wedding bouquet in her room because I always had my mom's bouquet in my room growing up and thought it was really cool to have.  She has some new books, a picture frame that will be filled once she gets here, and a musical figure that belonged to my great grandmother.

 Here are the things we saved from Max's nursery, minus the cute tutu that her Aunt T got her.

 Another personal item my Grams gave me years ago.  I'm so glad I finally have a place to put it.  This was our favorite movie and it always makes me think of her when I see it.

 And here is Max's crib.  It's a little beat up, but works great with the bedding my mom got her.
 Max had a pug in his nursery (and he still sleeps with him), and now Molly has her own pug.
 The fabric bulletin board I made for her room with vintage alphabet cards that I can change out.

 My other grandmother (Margook's) chair that I recovered and the cute new table I found.  My mom is making a back to the rocker in the same purple fabric.  And I just love the curtains!

 Max's awesome artwork proudly displayed on it's own wall.

 My mom has had this bench forever...in fact there are still crayon marks on it from when I was little.  The white bear is also something I owned when I was little, just replaced the old fabric around it's arms and neck and put new buttons on for eyes.  Minnie Mouse is a wonderful new addition.

 The cute shelf I found on sale at PBK, and Max's handprint proudly displayed on top for Molly to see.

 I will get some pictures in that frame before she gets here.  I was lucky enough to get my grandmother (Margook's) dresser for Molly's room.  Another wonderful reminder of the amazing woman I had in my life.

 Changing table and organizer ready!  And I'm so thrilled with the lamp my mom and I found...she will hopefully have this for a very long time.

 Another stuffed animal from my childhood that just had to go in Molly's room.  Her dress matches the fitted crib sheet!

I am beyond happy with the nursery.  There are many wonderful pieces from people that are no longer with us that I'm so happy I can share with my daughter.  And I love all the extra special pieces from Max, he's so excited about his little sister...I can't wait for him to meet her!

No comments:

Post a Comment