Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Playing in the Dirt

Max and I took a little trip to Target today and we, of course, had to stop by the toy section.  I always tell him, we are just looking, not buying.  We get to their $1-$3 baskets and Max sees a couple of things he just can't leave the store without.  1.  Shovel 2.  Rake 3.  Water/Dirt toy.  He hands all three of these items to me and asked if we can put them in the cart.  I asked him why he wanted to purchase these items and his response was very simply, I want to play in the dirt when we get home.  I said okay (it cost me a total of $4 for these fun items), and we rushed to the register to check out.  We get home and Max instantly grabs the toys and hands them to me.  Mom, take off the tags.  I cut the tags and he's out the door.  I give him a couple of minutes and find him exactly where he said he was going to be, the dirt.  The previous owners of this house had a garden of veggies and herbs, something I am not in to, and now it's just a box of dirt and left over herbs.  I ran inside to get Charles to set up an umbrella so that Max could play in the shade.  Little man played outside in the dirt for 2 hours, and the dogs enjoyed watching him play too.  Zeppelin even got in the dirt with Max.  He would have stayed longer if it wasn't time for a nap, and I could tell by the last picture I snapped that he was pretty warn out.  I gave him a quick shower and put him down for a nap.  I have a feeling I know where he's going to be spending the majority of his days this summer.  Enjoy the pictures!




















No comments:

Post a Comment